Sunday, May 1, 2011

Continuing to be a resource to over 5,600 Students Country wide.

 4/8/2011
Thumbing Pistol how to correct for better accuracy.
By Bob (De-Nay) Denis, NRA Certified & AZ DPS Certified Instructor
Below is the Combat grip (or forward thumb grip) that I teach in Class.

 Hello Michael,
        When it comes to the grip you can choose what you want, but it may be choosing the least effective way to manage recoil. And prevent thumbing the gun too much.  Keeping in mind the "Thumbs forward" grip, try to make sure that you are covering the exposed portion of the grip with your support hand (the heal thru your thumb like my picture I have posted).   As I have always said to my Students ... "The gun will follow the path of least resistance", and the thumbs forward, full contact to grips is the best way to ensure that recoil impulse is traveling in more of a straight line thru your body.  I hope this will help you with thumbing and help make you more accurate with your firearm.  Stay safe.
Your Instructor for life.
Bob (De-Nay) Denis, CEO
Web Site: www.ccwazschool.com
Office ph. 480-275-6995, Email:  bob@ccwazschool.com

No comments:

Post a Comment